There are many ways in which you can support our work.
- Join us as a Volunteer in any aspect of our work
- Become a member of the Friends Association
- Make a one off gift to our fund raising appeals or become a regular donor – you can even donate via the website right now!
- Leave a legacy to the Trust
- Sponsor a brick in the Walled Garden as part of our Walled Garden restoration appeal.
For further information on ways to support us, please email us on email@example.com or telephone 01226 776040.
Wentworth Castle Volunteers
Walled Kitchen Garden Restoration
Name in Textiles – Answers to the Quiz
Clue and Answer
1. Sounds like what you do to get votes – Canvas
2. Victory in Europe swallows a lubricant – Voile
3. It sounds more than bad with Edward – Worsted
4. A headless Yorkshire port encased in a possible afternoon drink, maybe – Tulle
5. Type behind a direction – Silk
6. Court left – Wool
7. A small bed over a heavyweight – Cotton
8. Excessively sweet and pretty with what sounds like a river – Tweed
9. One can behind a compass point – Satin
10. Check after the French returned with against first – Velvet
11. A metre behind an animal’s lair – Denim
12. Rope a bend in front of a man’s name – Corduroy
13. Touched maybe – Felt
14. Someone easily taken in after a looker – Seersucker
15. A row before a direction – Linen
16. Sounds like two girls’ names – Polyester/Viyella
17. Learner and expert – Lace
18. Tom has an intention – Twill
19. Nearly all of a girl in Wonderland is taken in by a business – Calico
20. Talk, hesitate and finally eat – Gaberdine