Volunteers help us in all areas of our work – in the Gardens, Parkland, in the Office and in the Long Barn Visitor Centre. Volunteers are different ages and come from all walks of life. Some volunteer a little, some a lot and all are welcome.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact our Learning and Community Education Officer on 01226 776040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers take on the following kinds of roles,but we are very flexible and grateful for any help:
- Fundraising volunteers selling donated items to support our restoration projects
- Volunteer Rangers to help patrol the 500 acre Parkland
- Volunteer buggy drivers to help less able visitors enjoy our hilly Gardens.
- Gardens and Parkland volunteers to help with conservation and gardening tasks
- Garden ambassadors, to help care for our restored conservatory
- Office volunteers, to help provide office cover with our admin team
- Volunteers to help in the shop and cafe and at admissions
- Events stewards and house tour guides
- Archive research
- Logging team and carpentry volunteers
If you think that could be you, please do get in touch. No particular skills or experience are required, just a willingness to pitch in and help!
You can also visit our Support Us pages for further information about volunteering at Wentworth Castle Gardens and our Friends Association.