Full time £13,100
We are looking for a full-time Gardener / Estate worker to join our Estates team at Wentworth Castle Gardens caring for 50 acres of Gardens, 500 acres of parkland, our restored glasshouse and providing occasional support for events and activities. You should be highly motivated, with horticultural training, ideally to NVQ Level 3 and arboricultural qualifications (or be actively working towards these) for CS30, 31, 38 and 39. Experience of working with volunteers is essential. The job role involves weekend working on a rota and bank holiday working. Closing date: Monday 7th July 2014 Interviews 11th or 14th July.
For further information on any of the above roles please email email@example.com
Volunteers help us in all areas of our work – in the Gardens, Parkland, in the Office and in the Long Barn Visitor Centre. Volunteers are different ages and come from all walks of life. Some volunteer a little, some a lot and all are welcome.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact our Learning and Community Education Officer on 01226 776040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers often take on the following kinds of roles:
- Volunteer Rangers to help patrol the 500 acre Parkland
- Volunteer buggy drivers to help less able visitors enjoy our hilly Gardens.
- Gardens and Parkland volunteers to help with conservation and gardening tasks
- Garden ambassadors, to help care for our restored conservatory
- Office volunteers, to help provide office cover with our admin team
- Volunteers to help in the shop and cafe and at admissions
- Events stewards and house tour guides.
- Archive research
You can also visit our Support Us pages for further information about volunteering at Wentworth Castle Gardens and our Friends Association.